A successful Production Supervisor will have initiative and strong interpersonal skills imperative to driving production while ensuring product quality and safety. A successful supervisor can make decisions and problem solve opportunities which will improve business performance. This person will have excellent time management and communication skills. This person will be able to problem-solve, trouble shoot, and most importantly lead a production shift. This position is an integral part of our production facility, responsible for growing our employee’s skills and abilities while delivering quality products on-time to our customers.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new techniques and working with maintenance identify long-term solutions.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This position requires that an individual adequately perform each of the primary responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The qualifications for this position include the ability to:
- Lead an off shift with minimal supervision.
- Supervise, Coach, Mentor and Manage a production team
- High degree of problem-solving skills
- Lean Manufacturing including 5S and Kaizen knowledge
- Ability to deal with various people dynamics
- 5-7 years manufacturing experience
- Previous manufacturing supervision preferred
Job Type: Full-time - 2nd/3rd Shifts
$12.50-18/hr - Pay based on experience. +Shift Premium
Plastic Process Technician
Develops and improves automation processes by studying products, manufacturing methods and secondary operations. Also helps with plant maintenance and special projects throughout the shift. Ensures smooth and efficient production operation during the shift.
1. Design and fabrication of automation equipment
A. Design and build EOAT for our robotics
B. Design and build any fixtures or nests needed with automation
C. Design and build any guarding needed to enclose the cell
2. Develop automation programs and program robotics
A. Integrate any secondary equipment into the process
B. Troubleshoot any programming or equipment issues
3. Responsible for all robotic and related equipment maintenance and preventative.
A. Perform general maintenance to avoid possible failures and malfunctions.
B. Assist in developing preventive and corrective maintenance programs
C. Analyze repair requests and troubleshoot them.
D. Complete daily work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
E. Maintain complete records of maintenance activities within IQMS.
F. Insure work area is clean and safe after all performance.
4. Help resolve maintenance issues on the floor when requested.
- Time is to be spent focusing on PM activities and general equipment repairs. This will include daily walk a bouts of the floor and constant interaction with all employees to help insure smooth operation and awareness.
- Operate maintenance equipment safely to avoid accidents.
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean and good working conditions.
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed.
- Attend job training and safety programs organized by Lomont.
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and OSHA requirements
- Continuously look for ways to improve our maintenance program.
- Help foster teamwork throughout the shift and from shift to shift.
- Assist in production as needed or necessary.
- Assist with Machine startups when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Required)
- Automation: 1 year (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly